Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard

Microsoft will acquire Activision Blizzard for $95.00 per share, in an all-cash transaction valued at $68.7 billion, inclusive of Activision Blizzard’s net cash. When the transaction closes, Microsoft will become the world’s third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony. The planned acquisition includes iconic franchises from the Activision, Blizzard and King studios like “Warcraft,” “Diablo,” “Overwatch,” “Call of Duty” and “Candy Crush,” in addition to global eSports activities through Major League Gaming. The company has studios around the world with nearly 10,000 employees.

What do you guys think about this?

1 Like

Well, it’s something that I really expected to happen but I never saw Microsoft being the hail Mary savior for Activision-Blizzard after their latest burst up with staff and sexual harassment cases.

This is a very good business opportunity taken by Microsoft. They are really pushing hard to have big monopoly over the gaming industry with acquiring so many studios under their wing.

Sony have already taken the step towards purchasing their own new studio. It’s something that I actually expected to happen sooner than later.

Even Take Two purchased zynga for $12.7 billion dollars. Isn’t that insane?

Zynga is a mobile game company and for the price of $12.7 billion isn’t too much in my opinion because they are selling very well as a good trend in the market.

Is the company Zynga really worth $12.7 billion dollars? I’m not sure but I’m going to look into it and see what I can find out.

If they are not worth it, I’m not sure Take Two would be pushed to purchase it. They are all in the same business of making money and profit.

Yeah, that’s something that we should all consider as well. They are all business set up that’s looking at making profits from their projects.