Terminator anime series coming to Netflix from The Batman writer

[CENTER][ATTACH type=“full”]342[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Netflix has actually revealed that a Terminator anime series remains in the works from The Batman co-writer Mattson Tomlin and renowned Ghost in the Shell studio Production I.G.

The Terminator anime series does not have a title or release date yet, however, Tomlin explained it as a series that “breaks conventions, overturns expectations, and has genuine guts.” Tomlin is an up-and-coming film writer understood for the Netflix superhero film Task Power starring Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and for his work as co-writer on The Batman series starring Robert Pattinson.

Production I.G is a veteran studio understood for stimulating an enormous list of anime series, movies, and computer games. A few of the studio’s most noteworthy work is seen in the Ghost in the Shell series, Psycho-Pass, and Personality 5.

“I asked my long-time friend and colleague Mamoru Oshii what he thought about the idea of turning Terminator into an animated series,” said Production I.G president and CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa. “His response was ‘Ishikawa, are you out of your mind?’ At that instant, I was confident we should get on board. As huge fans, our team at Production I.G is putting their heart and souls into creating this series. We hope fans will enjoy it!”

This marks another major step by Netflix into the anime sector, following the popular Castlevania Netflix series and the Dragon’s Dogma anime series from late last year. The streaming service is also currently working on a Tomb Raider anime series and a Dota anime series.

“Terminator is one of the most iconic sci-fi stories ever created — and has only grown more relevant to our world over time,” said Netflix’s John Derderian. “The new animated series will explore this universe in a way that has never been done before. We can’t wait for fans to experience this amazing new chapter in the epic battle between machines and humans.”