What is the best FPS past and present?

What would you guys say are the past and present best first person shooters? For past, I would say the likes of Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark for the N64. I also really liked Call of Duty 4.

As for current FPS’s, I’d say Borderlands series, Call of Duty series, and Battlefield when it’s good. What about you guys?

I agree with Call of Duty 4. I think any of the Call of Duty games would be considered the greatest all time.
Goldeneye 007 was fun I remember always using the paintball mode when playing the game with my cousin.
Is Doom considered FPS? If so I would add that to my list of best FPS games.

Yes, Doom is considered a FPS game from what google says so that would count.
I myself always had fun with the Halo games especially when they were popular on the Xbox.

DOOM and Wolfenstein are top tier. I would say Goldeneye, but it’s kind of a mess to play. If you really want to revisit it, I would suggest finding a mod to play a custom made PC version with mouse and keyboard support. I hear it’s night and day.

But yeah, I’d also include the likes of Halo in here, along with COD 4 and maybe the many Battlefield games.

Past - Battlefield 1942 & Wolfenstein
Present - Apex Legends and Borderlands 3 for me as well.

I really like Borderlands 3. As for older shooters, my favorite is Quake 3 Arena! I deathmatched with that on-line with a 14.4k modem. hehehe

Call of Duty 4 and GoldenEye 007 for the N64. The paintball mode made the game even more fun and unique.

I also like Call of Duty Warzone and Black Ops 4. :smiley:

I’ve played it back in the days with my brother. Can you tell me how does it compare with the current one ?

From the past : Delta Force Black Hawk Dawn, and currently COD WWII.