Web Tech Can VPN decrease ping?

Lion18

pro high
Sep 28, 2020
USA
Ping is a normal aspect that comes with regular Internet usage. It's the time it takes information packages to take a trip from your PC to the remote server. So, you want this ping to be as low as possible, however, things aren't constantly as you'd like them to be. So what do you think guys, can we decrease ping using a VPN?

Terrence

the king
Nov 25, 2020
usa
Well, VPN connects your IP with their one of the server which helps to you "CHANGE THE IP" not the ISP. It causes to increase in the ping, not a decrease.

Merrick

medium n00b
Jan 17, 2021
London
NO, VPN won't work. If you want to decrease your latency then there's only one way. All you need to do physically move closer to the server. Adding a VPN will do nothing to decrease latency.

JohnyX40

Oct 19, 2020
A VPN can certainly decrease the ping you have in your online games. Basically, VPN packets tend to take a more direct route than your normal ISP packet. A good VPN service should allow the information to flow more freely from your computer to the server of the game you are playing.

Reactions: Scorpio

WellM

LORD
Apr 28, 2021
USA
A VPN should not show you a strong change in pings . If you use a good paid VPN, you won't feel much difference.

Scorpio

pro high
Apr 27, 2021
USA
I didn't see any difference playing the games via VPN, even with my paid subscription. I'm using it only to change my location.

BluGat3r

pro high
May 1, 2021
USA
Well yeah, they are forcing your IP location to change but this really depends on the quality of your VPN. If you use a better one, you are not likely to notice drastic changes or connection issues with browsing and streaming but with gaming, it can be a toss-up. Some games work fine while others have terrible ping.

Reactions: Scorpio

Nova

the king
Nov 26, 2020
Salisbury
VPN is known to slow down the speed of the games. And if you are playing the games like the PUBG and the similar other online multiplayer type of the games. You would say that it may help the gamer but some of the other gamers in the game may face higher PING.