Can you connect two webcams to the same PC?

Zerk

pro high
Sep 12, 2020
Wi
I want to stream soon, and I have a webcam and everything, but I want to sometimes add a friend along to the stream. I was wondering, would it be possible to get a second webcam set up so we can play on the same stream together? I'd love to give it a try one of these days.

Mack

pro high
Sep 17, 2020
North Dakota
Yeah you should be able to. I know people who have connected multiple webcams to one PC, and used that to keep watch of their home. And I know some streamers have to use multiple webcams so that everyone is viewable. It may cause some latency issues, but shouldn't be a major problem.

Agile

the king
Oct 11, 2020
UK
I want to stream soon, and I have a webcam and everything, but I want to sometimes add a friend along to the stream. I was wondering, would it be possible to get a second webcam set up so we can play on the same stream together? I'd love to give it a try one of these days.
Yes, sure, if you your webcams use USB, you can connect them to the auxiliary USB port. Another way is to use one webcam and another extra video camera. That way, you will have both working at the same time without issues of drivers conflict.