play station Is it possible to play PS4 Games in PS3

Oliver

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
USA
I have a broken PS3 and i am thinking to repair it from a shop. But before getting involve in PS3 i want to ask you a question. Is it possible to play PS4 Games in PS3 ? I heard most of PS4 games like Battlefield 4 and kill zone shadow are available for PS4 and they're playable in PS3 too

James

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
usa
No there's no way to play PS4 Games in PS3 due to Different generations and graphically chips ect

James

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
usa
But we can play PS2 games on PS3. What's the the reason behind it ?
You're right, We can play PS2 Games on PS3 due to emulation feature which are explicitly built in. PS3 Programming can read more than 1 disk like PS2/PS1 disk but you can't play PS3 games on PS4 because they read only one kind of disk

William

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
USA
There would be no point of making PS4 if your PS3 can play it games lool. There's no way because its a new technology and you should move forward to PS5.

Oliver

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
USA
There would be no point of making PS4 if your PS3 can play it games lool. There's no way because its a new technology and you should move forward to PS5.
My bad i think you're right but Sony should work on backwards compatible so we can enjoy old games too rather than buying new console

William

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
USA
My bad i think you're right but Sony should work on backwards compatible so we can enjoy old games too rather than buying new console
I wish they think about it but they won't. Since its a business and Sony want to increase their supplying> You have to buy multiple console from Sony if you're missing old games that's how business grow

Liam

pro high
Sep 9, 2020
That's why i love PC more than any PS Console. If you're really missing the old games just replace your PS3 with a Good Gaming PC. At least You'll able to play old games with good graphic features

James

medium n00b
Sep 10, 2020
usa
That's why i love PC more than any PS Console. If you're really missing the old games just replace your PS3 with a Good Gaming PC. At least You'll able to play old games with good graphic features
That's not making any sense. Since Gaming PC's are higher expensive than a single console
PS3 Price = $100
PS4 Price = $300 = $400
and the gaming PC's are the wroth thousand of dollars

ApexMan

mob
Sep 7, 2020
Like many have mentioned you cannot play PS4 games on the PS3 as the PS4 is newer than the PS3. Typically you can only play old games on newer consoles if they allow it.

Spikey

the king
Sep 11, 2020
Canada
They should make a system that can play all the games from the old consoles and current ones. That would be awesome I would buy it for sure.

Saint

pro high
Sep 23, 2020
Lahore
The working framework is extraordinary. Basically the PS4 isn't intended to handle games similarly. Much the same as you can't run a Windows program on Mac, the PS4 doesn't have a clue how to manage PS3 programming.The working framework is extraordinary. Basically the PS4 isn't intended to handle games similarly. Much the same as you can't run a Windows program on Mac, the PS4 doesn't have a clue how to manage PS3 programming.

Kylo

the king
Sep 23, 2020
usa
Get the used ps4 rather than losing your money on ps3 repairing.
I agree, you should update your self why not play updating games instead of old one?. Just sell you PS3 and buy the new one i am sure you'll love to play games on PS4 and you will be addict

Spikey

the king
Sep 11, 2020
Canada
I agree, you should update your self why not play updating games instead of old one?. Just sell you PS3 and buy the new one i am sure you'll love to play games on PS4 and you will be addict
Sometimes people want to play old games like I do every once in awhile. They can always save the PS3 and put it away in storage while playing new games/consoles and when they want to they can pull out the old console and play those games again.