Classic & 2D Super Mario Bros. 2

Georgie

mob
Sep 10, 2020
Texas
Super Mario Bros. 2 is a fantastic game. It doesn't get as much respect as say the first and third games. The main reason is because it's technically not a Mario game, instead it's a copy of a game called Doki Doki Panic. Nintendo just replaced the sprites for Mario characters and that's how the US got SMB2. Some of the sprites weren't even changed and some became cannon in the Mario mythos.

Japan got the actual SMB2, which we got later on called "The Lost Levels". It didn't come out in the US because they thought it would be too hard for Americans.

Liam

pro high
Sep 9, 2020
The lost level really frustrating. It doesn't have any good content. I never prefer such games with poor content with difficulty curves.Its a unique and what i find it that this game is harder than other

Nicky

pro high
Sep 19, 2020
Harrisville
I had no idea that SMB2 is a copy cat of Doki Doki Panic. Couldn't they get sued for it?
Well that's the thing, it was Nintendo's idea. They were worried that the US couldn't handle the difficulty curve of the actual Super Mario Bros. 2. So they re-skinned Doki Doki Panic into a SMB game instead, and it actually worked out. The real SMB2 looked just like the first game graphically, but had tougher levels. I actually prefer the SMB2 the US got over the Lost Levels. I like the art style especially.