FPS & Shooters What is the best FPS past and present?

Brent

mob
Sep 7, 2020
What would you guys say are the past and present best first person shooters? For past, I would say the likes of Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark for the N64. I also really liked Call of Duty 4.

As for current FPS's, I'd say Borderlands series, Call of Duty series, and Battlefield when it's good. What about you guys?

ApexMan

mob
Sep 7, 2020
I agree with Call of Duty 4. I think any of the Call of Duty games would be considered the greatest all time.
Goldeneye 007 was fun I remember always using the paintball mode when playing the game with my cousin.
Is Doom considered FPS? If so I would add that to my list of best FPS games.

Xman

mob
Sep 7, 2020
I agree with Call of Duty 4. I think any of the Call of Duty games would be considered the greatest all time.
Goldeneye 007 was fun I remember always using the paintball mode when playing the game with my cousin.
Is Doom considered FPS? If so I would add that to my list of best FPS games.

Yes, Doom is considered a FPS game from what google says so that would count.
I myself always had fun with the Halo games especially when they were popular on the Xbox.

Andrew1337

pro high
Sep 8, 2020
DOOM and Wolfenstein are top tier. I would say Goldeneye, but it's kind of a mess to play. If you really want to revisit it, I would suggest finding a mod to play a custom made PC version with mouse and keyboard support. I hear it's night and day.

But yeah, I'd also include the likes of Halo in here, along with COD 4 and maybe the many Battlefield games.

Past - Battlefield 1942 & Wolfenstein
Present - Apex Legends and Borderlands 3 for me as well.

Z

zoldos

I really like Borderlands 3. As for older shooters, my favorite is Quake 3 Arena! I deathmatched with that on-line with a 14.4k modem. hehehe

Bowie

pro high
Sep 23, 2020
USA
DOOM and Wolfenstein are top tier. I would say Goldeneye, but it's kind of a mess to play. If you really want to revisit it, I would suggest finding a mod to play a custom made PC version with mouse and keyboard support. I hear it's night and day.

But yeah, I'd also include the likes of Halo in here, along with COD 4 and maybe the many Battlefield games.

Past - Battlefield 1942 & Wolfenstein
Present - Apex Legends and Borderlands 3 for me as well.
I've played it back in the days with my brother. Can you tell me how does it compare with the current one ?